Your wedding music is a major component to your reception. Not only will the music set the right tone and create the atmosphere you're going for, but your Butler Events DJ will also help to keep the evening's events flowing smoothly from one moment to the next. Most of the best Houston DJs are booked well in advance, so be sure to act quickly to secure a Butler Events DJ. To make the process easier, we've put together a list of questions that will help you evaluate a DJ.
The Basics + Background Information
• Is my wedding date available?
• How long have you been in business?
• How many weddings have you done?
• Will you be the DJ at our wedding?
• Have you done events at my wedding venue?
• Are there any other services that you provide, such as a photobooth?
• Can you assist me in choosing the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
• How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
• If the DJ scheduled for my event is unable to perform for some reason, do you have a backup replacement ready to go?
• Do you take any breaks? What music will be provided during the breaks?
• Do you act as the "emcee" and make all of the announcements?
• How would you define your "style" when making announcements?
• What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
• Do you take requests from our guests?
• Can we submit a "Do Not Play" list?
Pricing and Payment:
• What is included in the cost of my event?
• Does this include setup and breakdown between ceremony and reception locations?
• How much would you charge for overtime?
• Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests?
• When will I receive a written contract?
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
• What is your refund/cancellation policy?
• How far in advance do I need to book you?
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day?
• Are you insured?
• Can you provide wireless mics for the ceremony?
• Does any of your equipment require special electrical outlets that I need to inform my wedding site about?
• Do you bring backup equipment?
• What kind of space do you require for the DJ?
• Do you set up a sign or banner with your equipment?
• How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event?
• What time will you arrive at the site?
• Will we meet again before the wedding?
• When do we need to submit our music requests and event details?
• What will you wear to our wedding?
• Do you require a meal?
• What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?